An inspiring talk by Rob Hopkins “My Town in Transition” video.
Rob Hopkins is the author of “The Transition Companion: Making Your Community More Resilient in Uncertain Times”
I love it when he says:
…let’s be more brilliant than we have ever been…
Transition Brisbane aims to support the city transition from oil dependency to local resilience.
It is a Hub of the Transition Network, which is a world wide movement to support community-led responses to peak oil and climate change, while building resilience and happiness.
Here is a list of the Transition groups and initiatives in the greater Brisbane area:
- Enoggera Transition
- Samford Green Street
- Scenic Rim Transition
- Sandgate Transition Town
- Sustainable Jamboree – based in the Jamboree Ward of Brisbane and surrounds (all are welcome)
- Sustainable Redlands
- St. Johns Wood Sustainability – St John’s Wood
- Transition Ashgrove
- Transition Annerley – Annerley, Fairfield, Moorooka, Fairfield, Tarragindi, Yeronga
- Transition Bardon – The Grove, The Gap, St John’s Wood
- Transition East – Balmoral, Bulimba, Camp Hill, Cannon Hill, Hawthorne, Morningside, Norman Park, Seven Hills
- Transition Kurilpa – Highgate Hill, Hill End, South Brisbane, West End
- Transition The Gap
- Transition The Grove – Arana Hills, Ferny Hills, Ferny Grove, Grovely, Keperra, Upper Kedron
- Transition Town Kenmore – The Pullenvale Ward; Anstead, Bellbowrie, Brookfield, Chapel Hill, Kenmore, Moggill, Pullenvale and Upper Brookfield
Please note these groups are run by volunteers and some are still in the start up stage.
Join us online: http://www.brisbanetransitionhub.ning.com/
In case you missed it, like I did here’s Rob Hopkins talking about the ‘Transition to a world without oil.’
Rob Hopkins writing is positive and thought-provoking on the Transition Culture website and the following books: