The Big Fat Fix is a documentary about food, health and fitness. It is independently produced by British Cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra and former international athlete Donal O’Neill.
Donal has produced two other documentaries on the low carbohydrate and high-fat diet called ‘Cereal Killers’ and ‘Run on Fat’, but this one is my favourite of all of them.
The documentary begins in the Italian town of Pioppi where we hear about the Mediterranean diet and how it has been misconstrued by the media and Dr Ancel Keys. There is no Mediterranean Diet – the Greek word ‘diaita’ actually means ‘lifestyle’.
Dr Malhotra demonstrates clearly how inflammation impacts on the arteries and heart health. He then talks about his prescription for avoiding and turning around obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It is possible to turn around the disease process and become more heart healthy in just 21 days.
Donal addresses functional fitness and leds Aseem through some fitness activities in a natural park with logs, rocks and trees. (He calls in tabata but it looks more like movnat to me). They talk about the benefits of vitamin D, sleep, quality olive oil, fatty acids, local produce, avoiding sugar and the re-engineering of wheat.
The Big Fat Fix is a great introduction to the low-carb, high-fat lifestyle. You can download and stream the documentary from the website.
Frank Ferrante’s transformation in the May I be Frank documentary is truly inspirational. His story shows the healing power of live food nutrition, daily positive affirmations, gratitude and holistic health practices.
A former drug and alcohol addict living with Hepatitis C, obesity, pre-diabetes, and depression, Frank is today not only 110 pounds lighter and Hepatitis C-free.
Let food be your medicine.
Frank’s daily affirmation
I frank, do love me, my body’s vigour.
I am in perfect health.
I am a perfect human being, radiant beauty and divine energy.
I am divine.
I now hold in my mind this new image of myself. A thriving, flourishing, gloriously, … person.
– May I be Frank
I’m counting down the days for the new Hungry for Change documentary. Why? Because it’s produced by the same people who did the “Food Matters” documentary, which is my all time favourite food and nutrition movie. Hands down.
If I’ve learnt anything is the last few years, 100% what food you eat does matter to your health.
While waiting for the release, I wanted to find out some more about the experts featured in the new movie.
- Dr Alejandro Junger – a cardiologist who created The Clean Program and wrote a book with the same name – Clean.
- Dr Christiane Northrup – M.D. who specializes in women’s health and wellness. She is a bestselling author, including Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
- David Wolfe – Author of many best-selling books including Eating for Beauty, The Sunfood Diet Success System, Naked Chocolate, Superfoods, and The Longevity NOW Program. He is co-founder of TheBestDayEver.com online health magazine and is President of The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation with a mission to plant 18 billion fruit trees on planet Earth. I’m a big fan of his raw Sacred Chocolate.
- Daniel Vitalis – star of the ElixirCraft DVD which merges herbalism, super food nutrition and indigenous understanding.
- Evita Ramparte – European journalist, health reporter, wellness coach, and media producer – used cleansing to cure her cancer.
- Frank Ferrante – star of the May I be Frank documentary – shows the healing power of live food nutrition, daily positive affirmations, gratitude and holistic health practices. A former drug and alcohol addict living with Hepatitis C, obesity, pre-diabetes, and depression, Frank is today not only 110 pounds lighter and Hepatitis C-free.
- Dr Joseph Mercola – best free heath email newsletter. Author of Dr. Mercola’s Total Health Cookbook & Program,The No Grain Diet, and Take Control of Your Health
- Jason Vale – The Juice Master – Author of the 7lbs in 7 Days Super Juice Diet, Juice Yourself Slim and Kick the Drink…Easily!
- Joe Cross – star of the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead documentary.
- Jon Gabriel – author of The Gabriel Method
- Kris Carr – Crazy Sexy Life – author of Crazy, Sexy Diet, Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor and Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips, and star of the Crazy Sexy Cancer documentary.
- Mike Adams is the Health Ranger and editor of the Natural News website.
Wow what an incredible range of talented people.