We enjoyed the Food Matters live seminar held at South Bank in Brisbane.
We heard Jon Gabriel talk about healing the mind and body as a way to weight loss. He guided us through a relaxation exercise. The he asked us “why would your body want to be fat?”
James Colquhoun talked about the experience of healing his dad as the instigator of making the Food Matters documentary.
The second documentary the couple made was called “Hungry for Change”. It was the first documentary to première and launch for free online. How cool is that?
Then James talked about FMTV – which he fondly says ‘It’s like Netflix® for health’.
Dr Libby Weaver was bundle of positive energy. You can watch her TEDx talk to get a taste of what she is about The pace of modern life versus our cavewoman biochemistry.
Laurentine ten Bosch then chatted with James about the twelve steps to wellness. Lee Holmes and Kim Morrison also made enlightening presentations. There were cooking demonstrations and Wes Carr finished the day with some great tunes.
It was a great educational experience with a reminder that our health is in our hands.
Food Matters. It really does.
I’m counting down the days for the new Hungry for Change documentary. Why? Because it’s produced by the same people who did the “Food Matters” documentary, which is my all time favourite food and nutrition movie. Hands down.
If I’ve learnt anything is the last few years, 100% what food you eat does matter to your health.
While waiting for the release, I wanted to find out some more about the experts featured in the new movie.
- Dr Alejandro Junger – a cardiologist who created The Clean Program and wrote a book with the same name – Clean.
- Dr Christiane Northrup – M.D. who specializes in women’s health and wellness. She is a bestselling author, including Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
- David Wolfe – Author of many best-selling books including Eating for Beauty, The Sunfood Diet Success System, Naked Chocolate, Superfoods, and The Longevity NOW Program. He is co-founder of TheBestDayEver.com online health magazine and is President of The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation with a mission to plant 18 billion fruit trees on planet Earth. I’m a big fan of his raw Sacred Chocolate.
- Daniel Vitalis – star of the ElixirCraft DVD which merges herbalism, super food nutrition and indigenous understanding.
- Evita Ramparte – European journalist, health reporter, wellness coach, and media producer – used cleansing to cure her cancer.
- Frank Ferrante – star of the May I be Frank documentary – shows the healing power of live food nutrition, daily positive affirmations, gratitude and holistic health practices. A former drug and alcohol addict living with Hepatitis C, obesity, pre-diabetes, and depression, Frank is today not only 110 pounds lighter and Hepatitis C-free.
- Dr Joseph Mercola – best free heath email newsletter. Author of Dr. Mercola’s Total Health Cookbook & Program,The No Grain Diet, and Take Control of Your Health
- Jason Vale – The Juice Master – Author of the 7lbs in 7 Days Super Juice Diet, Juice Yourself Slim and Kick the Drink…Easily!
- Joe Cross – star of the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead documentary.
- Jon Gabriel – author of The Gabriel Method
- Kris Carr – Crazy Sexy Life – author of Crazy, Sexy Diet, Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor and Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips, and star of the Crazy Sexy Cancer documentary.
- Mike Adams is the Health Ranger and editor of the Natural News website.
Wow what an incredible range of talented people.