This leek and potato soup is a satisfying dish. It manages to be smooth and creamy texture without the cream. To make this a paleo dish you could make it with sweet potatoes instead of potatoes.
Primal leek and potato soup
1 leek, chopped
3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 cups of chicken stock or bone broth
- In a large stock pot, heat the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add the leeks and saute until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to the boil. When the stock boils, add the potatoes and bring back to the boil. If needed add boiling water to cover the potatoes.
- Then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth with a hand mixer or blender.
- Divide among bowls and serve warm.