This granola is for those who love chocolate. It had double the chocolate with cacao powder and cacao nibs, you could use cocoa or carob powder instead. Serve with almond milk or coconut milk for a filling paleo breakfast.
Paleo double chocolate granola
1 cup almonds, sliced
1 cup walnuts, crumbled
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup pepitatas
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup linseeds or sesame seeds
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1 tsp vanilla extract
sea salt to taste
2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking try with baking paper.
- Combine all the nuts and seeds, coconut, honey, cacao powder and nibs, vanilla and sea salt in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour over the dry mix.
- Mix together really well and then spread out evenly on baking tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the oven. Turn mixture half-way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with almond milk or coconut milk.
Makes 5 cups.