This paleo dish is a classic Greek-style recipe with flavours of lemon and garlic. Sprinkled with the herbs oregano and rosemary are optional, but oregano is a powerful anti-microbial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal. Serve with vegetables or a Paleo Greek salad.
juice of 1 lemon
1 chicken, cut into ten pieces or ten wings
4 cloves of garlic
lemon cut into four wedges
1 tsp oregano
2 sprigs of rosemary
handful of parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and pour the lemon juice over the chicken. Then add the garlic cloves, lemon wedges, oregano and rosemary. Mix well together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes until the chicken has turned golden brown and the juices run clear.
Spiral Foods has an exciting range of Mediterranean inspired dip and toss oils, made from 100% extra virgin olive oil. They come in three flavours:
- sundried tomato and basil which was great in a greek salad (below)
- rosemary and roasted garlic which was a perfect match for cold lamb and roasted vegetables salad
- and basil and Parmesan which turned a simple potato salad into something special.
You could also use the oils for dipping bread in, or tossing through pasta for a quick and easy dinner. The best thing about these oils are that they are certified gluten-free and sugar free. What I really like about these products is there’s only natural real ingredients listed on the bottle, and there are no strange unpronounceable nasties.
All three flavours are balanced well and would make a delicious addition to your kitchen. They come in an attractive slim bottle, and would make a nice gift idea paired with packet of fancy pasta.
Available from the Spiral Foods website.
Thank you Spiral Foods for allowing me to trial these products.
Chicken in garlic sauce (Spanish) recipe
4 organic chicken thighs
1 tsp sweet paprika (pimenton)
2 tbsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
60ml dry sherry
100ml chicken stock
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken and cut into large pieces. Combine the paprika with some salt and pepper in a bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook the garlic cloves for 1-2 minutes, or until brown. Remove from the pan.
- Cook the chicken in batches for 5 minutes, or until brown all over. Return all the chicken to the pan, add the sherry, boil for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bay leaf. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the garlic pulp into a mortar and pestle or small bowl. Add the parsley and salt and pound or mix with a fork to form a paste. Stir into the chicken, then cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the chicken onto a plate, turn heat to high to thicken the sauce for 2 minutes. Pour the sauce onto the chicken.
Serve with baked potatoes.