This super deep purple juice is alkalizing, anti-fungal and anti-cancer.
It’s a great combination of healthy raw vegetables and fruits.
Beetroot not only detoxifies the liver and helps with methylation but also reduces blood pressure by helping the production of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is one of the chemicals the body produces to soften it’s arteries. Remember we want sort arteries and hard bones.
Dr Greg Emerson
- Carrots provide beta-carotene and antioxidants. Recent studies have identified polyacetylenes as phytonutrients in carrots that can help inhibit the growth of colon cancer cells.
- Celery is is a very good source of vitamin C and potassium and a good source of calcium and magnesium, which may help to reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol.
- Apples contain phytonutrients which help you regulate your blood sugar. They help to reduce your risk of lung cancer risk and asthma.
- Pomegranates are an excellent source of vitamin C. Research has shown that they help prevent an impressive array of diseases, such as prostate cancer, diabetes, lymphoma, common cold, atherosclerosis, and coronary artery disease.
- Limes are an excellent source of vitamin C and their flavonoid compounds that have antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Ginger is an excellent carminative (a substance which promotes the elimination of intestinal gas) and intestinal spasmolytic (a substance which relaxes and soothes the intestinal tract). It has very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols, which help to reduce pain levels of arthritis. Research has shown ginger induces cell death in ovarian cancer cells. Ginger has been proven effective for motion sickness, nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
Dr Greg Emerson’s daily juice recipe
1 small beetroot
1 green apple
1/2 a pomegranate (or 50mls organic pomegranate juice)
a slice of lime (with skin if organic)
1cm piece of ginger
- Place all the ingredients in a juicer and mix. Add water to fill up the glass, if desired.
- Drink straight away to gain the most benefit from the nutrients.