This granola is for those who love chocolate. It had double the chocolate with cacao powder and cacao nibs, you could use cocoa or carob powder instead. Serve with almond milk or coconut milk for a filling paleo breakfast.
Paleo double chocolate granola
1 cup almonds, sliced
1 cup walnuts, crumbled
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup pepitatas
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup linseeds or sesame seeds
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1 tsp vanilla extract
sea salt to taste
2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking try with baking paper.
- Combine all the nuts and seeds, coconut, honey, cacao powder and nibs, vanilla and sea salt in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour over the dry mix.
- Mix together really well and then spread out evenly on baking tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the oven. Turn mixture half-way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with almond milk or coconut milk.
Makes 5 cups.
One of our citrus trees is a bush lemon so I originally planted it in native soil mix. Its leaves turned pale yellow, so I fed it chicken manure. That made no difference. Sunday I decided I needed to totally repot the tree with organic soil and I hope that will give it the nutrients it needs.
The new lot of beans in the fourth bed are poking up their second leaves.
I’m a little concerned that the two mango trees from our neighbours are shading over our vegetable beds too much in winter.
I think I have been coming down with the flu (again) and forgot to put in my organic order. I’m surprised how much we missed it, and how easy home delivery makes the grocery shopping when you have a busy weekend. (I’m in love with organic prunes!)
After we came back from living in England, Matt attempts to go the whole year without a jumper or a jacket. Unfortunately, this year has been unusually cold and he has had to pull out the gray woolen one that he bought before we first met. I don’t mind the jumper, but he teams it with marl tracksuit pants. Double marl is a worse fashion sin than double denim!