I love a good before and after story with dramatic photos.
Frank Ferrante’s transformation in the May I be Frank documentary is truly inspirational. His story shows the healing power of live food nutrition, daily positive affirmations, gratitude and holistic health practices. A former drug and alcohol addict living with Hepatitis C, obesity, pre-diabetes, and depression, Frank is today not only 110 pounds lighter and Hepatitis C-free.
Let food be your medicine.
Frank’s daily affirmation
I frank, do love me, my body’s vigour.
I am in perfect health.
I am a perfect human being, radiant beauty and divine energy.
I am divine.
I now hold in my mind this new image of myself. A thriving, flourishing, gloriously, … person.
– May I be Frank
The bottles, you know, are jewels. This is garbage and it comes out like stained glass jewels.
– Garbage Warrior
Garbage Warrior is the story of radical Earthship eco architect Michael Reynolds, and his fight to build off-the-grid self-sufficient communities. What an inspiring visionary. I love the sustainable buildings the group creates out of recycled materials – the houses have so much character and are just beautiful.
I’m counting down the days for the new Hungry for Change documentary. Why? Because it’s produced by the same people who did the “Food Matters” documentary, which is my all time favourite food and nutrition movie. Hands down.
If I’ve learnt anything is the last few years, 100% what food you eat does matter to your health.
While waiting for the release, I wanted to find out some more about the experts featured in the new movie.
- Dr Alejandro Junger – a cardiologist who created The Clean Program and wrote a book with the same name – Clean.
- Dr Christiane Northrup – M.D. who specializes in women’s health and wellness. She is a bestselling author, including Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause
- David Wolfe – Author of many best-selling books including Eating for Beauty, The Sunfood Diet Success System, Naked Chocolate, Superfoods, and The Longevity NOW Program. He is co-founder of TheBestDayEver.com online health magazine and is President of The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation with a mission to plant 18 billion fruit trees on planet Earth. I’m a big fan of his raw Sacred Chocolate.
- Daniel Vitalis – star of the ElixirCraft DVD which merges herbalism, super food nutrition and indigenous understanding.
- Evita Ramparte – European journalist, health reporter, wellness coach, and media producer – used cleansing to cure her cancer.
- Frank Ferrante – star of the May I be Frank documentary – shows the healing power of live food nutrition, daily positive affirmations, gratitude and holistic health practices. A former drug and alcohol addict living with Hepatitis C, obesity, pre-diabetes, and depression, Frank is today not only 110 pounds lighter and Hepatitis C-free.
- Dr Joseph Mercola – best free heath email newsletter. Author of Dr. Mercola’s Total Health Cookbook & Program,The No Grain Diet, and Take Control of Your Health
- Jason Vale – The Juice Master – Author of the 7lbs in 7 Days Super Juice Diet, Juice Yourself Slim and Kick the Drink…Easily!
- Joe Cross – star of the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead documentary.
- Jon Gabriel – author of The Gabriel Method
- Kris Carr – Crazy Sexy Life – author of Crazy, Sexy Diet, Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor and Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips, and star of the Crazy Sexy Cancer documentary.
- Mike Adams is the Health Ranger and editor of the Natural News website.
Wow what an incredible range of talented people.
This commodification of food by industrial agriculture has created a chasm between the grower and the consumer. But now there’s a change. People want to close that gap in.
– Costa Georgiadis
How will the world feed itself in the future?
Is it possible to grow a fair and sustainable food system?
This film shows an experiment in how to create that change with promising solutions.
In Venezuela, from fishing villages to cocoa plantations to urban gardens, a growing social movement is showing what’s possible when communities, not corporations, start to take control of food.
Sydney filmmaker Simon Cunich went on a 12-month journey from community gardens in Sydney to farming co-operatives in Venezuela.
This documentary has a wonderful positive message. It stands there right next to the now classic Power of Community.
Coal Seam Gas (CSG) is methane gas found in coal seams. It is incredibly destructive to the environment.
It pollutes the air and water we all share.
It is not a clean energy, and it’s very inefficient.
We watched the Gasland documentary the other day and can’t believe the shameful and destructive practices that are going on overseas. Anyone who watches them light up the water that comes out of their home taps has got to be worried.
Environmental Impact Statements are not optional.
Please educate yourself about this issue:
A locked gate means you are not welcome on our property.
The “Forks over knives” dvd has just been released overseas, and I was fortunate to receive my copy on pre-order.
The documentary examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
The main storyline traces the personal journeys of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, a nutritional scientist from Cornell University, and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, a former top surgeon at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic. Inspired by remarkable discoveries in their young careers, these men conducted several groundbreaking studies. Their separate research led them to the same startling conclusion: degenerative diseases like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and even several forms of cancer, could almost always be prevented—and in many cases reversed—by adopting a whole foods, plant-based diet.
You may have heard of Dr Campbell from his book ‘The China Study‘.
The cameras also follow some of their patients who have chronic conditions from heart disease to diabetes, and are taught by their doctors to adopt a whole foods plant-based diet as the primary approach to treat their ailments.
Keep your eye out for this one, or over your copy over at amazon Forks over Knives.