Sirloin steak with Cafe de Paris sauce – Gustoso
Jill Dupleix recommends Damien Pignolet’s recipe for grilled sirlion Cafe de Paris sauce from his French cookbook. It is one of the most popular dishes at Bistro Moncur. You can prepare the Cafe de Paris butter up to a week in advance (or it can be stored in the freezer).
The authentic version of the sauce has 25 ingredients and best made in bulk. Skye Gyngell’s recipe for Cafe de Paris produces a realistic quantity for the home cook (although her version misses parsley, marjoram, dill, rosemary, brandy, Maidera, Cayenne pepper, and pepper corns).
- How to cook the perfect steak – Felicity Cloake
- How to cook the perfect steak – Jason Atherton
- How to barbecue the perfect steak – Michelle Southan
- How to cook the perfect steak – Michelle Southan
- How to eat steak and chips – Tony Naylor
- Plum glazed sirloin steaks – Maggie Beer
- Sirloin steak with green peppercorn sauce – Simon Hopkinson
- Stephanie’s famous steak sandwich – Stephanie Alexander