For the last couple of weeks, I have been sampling a different lunch at the Jan Powers Queen Street markets in the Brisbane City.
Here is my list of favourite C.B.D market day lunches:
- Bagel Boys – They are always popular so you have to line up, but the time goes pretty quickly. Always excellent.
- At the Skinny Scoop, I had an icy cold acai classic bowl, topped with muesli and fresh fruit. It was yummy but perhaps more suited to the warmer months.
- The Pocket from Burleigh makes a delicious falafel with fresh salad in a pita bread. Recommended.
- Goetzinger Small goods make good German Sausages, but it is filling. They serve Swiss and German style sausages in a hot dog style bun.
Other produce you can buy at the city markets are as follows:
- Goat Pie Guy – I have previously had Goat Pies from the Goat Pie Guy and I highly recommend them to take home and pop in the oven for a quick and delicious meal. Unfortunately, they don’t sell them hot at the city markets.
- Good Mix is a combination of superfoods to have instead of your regular muesli – Chia seeds, almonds, pepitas, coconut, buckwheat, flaxseed, sesame seeds, goji berries, raw cacao nibs, puffed amaranth, puffed millet.
- Iced Tea – I’ve tried the mojito and raspberry iced tea, and both were refreshing.
- I Heart Brownies – I tried the Jaffa flavoured brownie from I Heart Brownies. It was a rich chocolaty and orange flavoured cake in the shape of a heart.
- The Popcorn Man – is very morish, but one big bag is better shared with a group of people.
- Deliciously flavoured peanuts from the Peanut Van make a great snack.
The Queen Street markets may be crowded at lunch time, but are worthwhile to try some of Brisbane’s best produce.