These spicy kofta balls are great to freeze for later. You can mix the ingredients together in a food processor for a more refined end result, but I like to keep them rustic looking so I mixed everything together by hand.
Paleo Indian Lamb Kofta
olive oil spray
1 garlic clove, minced
250g lamb mince
1 Tbsp currants, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking tray with foil and lightly brush or spray with olive oil.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Shape into 6-8 oval patties and place on the oven tray.
- Cook in the oven for 16 minutes (turning after 8 minutes), or until just cooked through.
Serve with lemon wedges and cauliflower rice or salad.
These balls are sugar-free and full of healthy goodness. The sweetness comes from the dried dates and sultanas with a touch of honey.
Bliss balls recipe
2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of sultanas
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup of almonds
2 Tbsps cold-pressed organic coconut oil
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsps honey
2 Tbsps water
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients apart from the water into a food processor and blend until it has the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and continue to process until it becomes sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Use a dessert spoon to measure the mixture and roll into firm balls.
- If you like, roll the balls in desiccated coconut to coat the outside (optional).
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 20 small balls.
Here is my top-secret recipe for winning work’s rum ball competition. There’s no coconut, condensed milk, Weetbix or biscuits. It’s not something to eat all time, but an easy one for a work night.
I’ve used a store-bought cake to cut down on the preparation time and I’ve tried a number of different varieties – plain cake with jam works well, so does the chocolate version (see photo) for a double dose of chocolate. I did scrap the mock cream off though. If the mixture is a little damp leave it for 10 minutes or so for the chocolate to harden up a little. Roll in coconut at the end if you wish.
These are rich, decadent and moist.
Winning rum balls recipe
500g swiss roll or Madeira cake
150g dark cooking chocolate
- Crumb the prepared cake in a large glass bowl.
- Melt chocolate as per instructions on packet.
- Mix the melting chocolate into the cake mix, then mix in the rum. Keep mixing until well combined.
- Scoop out and roll into balls. Place on a tray or container lined with baking paper.
Keep in the fridge, especially during summer.