We have one young avocado tree but it’s showing no signs of fruiting. They can take up half the backyard, but ours is a dwarf. Avocados are high in good fats and are great for your skin.
We often have guacamole on Sunday afternoon as a snack. After lots of trial and error this is currently my favourite combination. Big M doesn’t like any type of onion so I leave it out for his half. We like to serve the dip with Byron Bay corn chips as they aren’t covered in fake flavouring and let the guac shine through. I only season with pepper as the corn chips are usually salty enough.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lime or ½ lemon, juiced
1 large tomato or a small handful of cherry tomatoes
1 spring onion or onion chives
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Then gently dice the flesh in a cross-hatch pattern, taking care not to break through the peel.
- Squeeze avocado out into a bowl. Mash the avocado and mix in the olive oil.
- Add the juice of a lime (or lemon) for zing.
- Then whisk vigorously with a fork to combine. You could use a blender if you wanted a really smooth texture.
- Cut up the tomato and add.
- Finely slice the green part of one spring onion, or dice a few onion chives. Add and just mix to combine.
- Season with pepper.
Optional: If you like add diced coriander and/or chili for a more authentic taste.