Here’s a simple carrot soup for winter. It’s packed with beta-carotene, which is great for healthy skin and eyes. It’s best to make your stock from scratch so it’s packed with healing nutrients.
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
4-6 carrots, chopped
4 cups of chicken stock + hot water
½ tsp of parsley or basil
- Brown the onion in some coconut oil in a pot.
- Boil the kettle for your stock. Add meat stock to the pot.
- Add the carrots, garlic and herbs. Add more hot water, if needed, to cover all the ingredients.
- Gently simmer until the carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz well with a hand blender or food processor. Add more stock until you have the consistency you want.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.