Any easy carrot soup. Here’s my current favourite lunch time meal. Adding the rice milk or another type of milk at the end adds some depth and makes it ‘creamier.’
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced (optional)
4 carrots, chopped
4 cups of vegetable stock + hot water
1 tsp of parsley, ground or finely chopped
½ cup of rice milk
- Brown the onion in some oil in a pot.
- Boil the kettle for your stock. Make up stock and add to the pot.
- Add the carrots, garlic and ginger. Add more hot water to cover all the ingredients.
- Gently simmer until the carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add the rice milk and remove from the heat.
- Blitz well with a hand blender or food processor. Add more stock until you have the consistency you want.
- Season with sea salt.