Another simple soup for warming up in winter. I’ve made many pumpkin soups in my time, but I enjoyed this one so much that it will become another favourite in rotation. Both carrots and sweet potato are packed with beta-carotene, which is great for healthy skin and eyes. You could replace the rosemary with parsley. Give this orange soup a go.
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 sweet potato, chunks
2 carrots, chopped
4 cups of vegetable stock + hot water
½ tsp of rosemary, ground
- Brown the onion in some oil in a pot.
- Boil the kettle for your stock. Make up stock and add to the pot.
- Add the carrots, sweet potato, garlic and rosemary. Add more hot water to cover all the ingredients.
- Gently simmer until the carrots and sweet potato are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz well with a hand blender or food processor. Add more stock until you have the consistency you want.
- Season with sea salt.