Chicken in garlic sauce (Spanish) recipe
4 organic chicken thighs
1 tsp sweet paprika (pimenton)
2 tbsp olive oil
5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
60ml dry sherry
100ml chicken stock
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken and cut into large pieces. Combine the paprika with some salt and pepper in a bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook the garlic cloves for 1-2 minutes, or until brown. Remove from the pan.
- Cook the chicken in batches for 5 minutes, or until brown all over. Return all the chicken to the pan, add the sherry, boil for 30 seconds, then add the stock and bay leaf. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the garlic pulp into a mortar and pestle or small bowl. Add the parsley and salt and pound or mix with a fork to form a paste. Stir into the chicken, then cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the chicken onto a plate, turn heat to high to thicken the sauce for 2 minutes. Pour the sauce onto the chicken.
Serve with baked potatoes.