Turkey with apple and prune stuffing and glazed chestnuts – Maggie Beer
Turkey is a lean meat and can dry out if overcooked. You can check it’s done by inserting a skewer into the thigh and the juices should run clear (with no pink colour).
It’s a shame turkey is only sold as whole birds in Australia. I’d like to see organic turkey pieces, gluten free turkey slices and turkey bacon available in in Brisbane.
- Christmas cook’s guide: turkey – delicious magazine
- How to cook Christmas turkey on the barbeque – Oliver Thring
- Classic brined roast turkey video – Emma Knowles
- Classic roast turkey Christmas dinner – Jill Dupleix
- Lemon roast turkey with hazelnut and fig stuffing – Gemma Purcell
- Roast turkey breast with chestnut stuffing – Steve Manfredi
- Traditional roast turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce – Valli Little
- Turkey roll with chorizo and preserved lemon- Jill Dupleix