Irish stew – Maurice Rooney
Authentic Irish stew uses 1 kg potatoes and 250 g onions to each 500 g quantity of meat, but the gravy many need to be slightly thickened before serving. It was originally made with mutton or kid.
– Margaret Fulton, Encyclopedia of food and cookery
Johnny Acton and Nick Sandler’s recipe for the perfect beef stew with dumplings and perfect lamb stew were listed in The Observer’s How to make the perfect…. article, and features in their Duchy Originals Cookbook.
Serve with dumplings.
- Irish beef stew – Rachel Allen
- Irish coddled pork with cider – Good Food magazine
- Irish stew – Barney Desmazery
- Irish stew – Colin Fassnidge
- Irish stew – Lindsey Bareham