Here’s an easy recipe to make when you get the mid-afternoon munchies. The caramel sauce lifts ordinary popcorn into the I-could-easily-eat-all-of-this realm. It’s good to test your oil with one corn kernel first to tell when you have the right temperature. Num, num.
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp water
1/4 cup unpopped popcorn
- Stir all ingredients except the oil, popcorn and salt together in a small saucepan over low heat, until the sugar is dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the popcorn according to the instructions on the packet.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the popped corn, season with sea salt and mix well.