150g dark cooking chocolate
75g unsalted butter
125ml fino sherry, or a dry sherry
6 medium organic eggs, separated
150g castor sugar
½ cup chestnut puree*
50g self-raising flour, sifted
55g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C if you have a fan-forced oven). Grease a 24cm spring-form tin with butter, then line with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the sherry and gently stir until combined. Leave to cool.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture, the chestnut puree and macadamias. Stir until well combined.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and carefully fold into the chocolate with the sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer in the centre – if it comes out clean, it’s ready. Cool in the tin before turning out.
Serve with whipped cream.
TIP – Chestnut puree is sold in a tin and can be found in good delis.