Heart shaped corn fritters, with oven roasted tomatoes and crispy bacon strips. This is an easy recipe to remember and is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning.
310g can of corn kernels, rinsed and drained
2 eggs, lightly whisked
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
2 tbs plain flour
- Place the corn, egg, parsley and flour in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- To create the heart shaped fritters I used a cookie cutter that had been coated in a little butter so the fritter would fall out easily. You can, of course, spoon a tablespoon of batter straight into the pan.
- Repeat to make 3 more fritters, leaving about 2cms apart, and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Repeat until the batter is all gone.
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes in half, and grill the wrong side for 2 minutes. Turn over to the cut half, and sprinkle with finely chopped garlic and parsley or other herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over olive oil. Grill for a further 6 minutes.
- Cook strips of bacon as usual, and serve together with fritters and tomatoes. Preferably to a loved one in bed!
Written for the latest Donna Hay Challenge.