We enjoyed these coconut pancakes for breakfast with coconut yoghurt, real Canadian maple syrup, and lady finger bananas. It was a delicious way to start our holiday.
1/2 cup Well and Good coconut flour
1/2 cup arrowroot
1/4 desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup coconut milk
3 eggs, at room temperature, lightly whisked
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra to serve
coconut oil, for cooking
sliced banana, to serve
- Preheat a non-stick pan over a medium-low heat.
- Place the coconut flour, arrowroot, coconut, baking powder and vanilla essence together in a bowl and whisk by hand until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre and add all the remaining ingredients except the coconut oil and banana.
- Slowly whisk them together until well combined and smooth, then let the mixture stand for five minutes, or until it thickens.
- Melt the coconut oil in the frying pan and then pour some of the batter onto the pan making pancakes the desired size.
- Cook pancakes in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve the coconut pancakes with sliced banana, coconut yoghurt and maple syrup.
Thank you to Well and Good for allowing us to try the coconut flour.