Here’s a great little recipe to make during summer, since it doesn’t use the oven and just the stove top. I used sultanas, but to make it a more festive perhaps you could use mini mashmallows, cranberries or pistachios.
I took it along to my art and craft class breakups and it got favourable comments and someone even asked for the recipe. So here it is.
Chocolate fudge slice recipe
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped sultanas or walnuts
250g Milk Arrowroot biscuits, crushed
200g dark chocolate
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, cocoa powder and sultanas in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cool and then stir in the crushed Milk Arrowroot biscuits. Spoon mixture into the tin, press and smooth with the back of the spoon. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over low heat. Cool for 15 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Spread the topping over the slice.
- Leave to set and then cut into squares or diamonds.