Scones with jam and clotted cream – Bill Granger
The Country Women’s Association of Australia use their scone recipe for some fierce judging in the categories of height, taste and texture. Some hints are to sift your flour three times and to not use a rolling pin. Scones do best with cold hands and minimal handling.
Scones are very easy to make, but they need a light touch or they’ll be chewy and stodgy, so work quickly and don’t over handle the dough.
- Marcus Wareing, How to cook the perfect…
Some people swear by the scone recipe based on lemonade.
Traditionally scones are served with clotted cream, but whipped cream and jam is also common.
- How to make perfect scones – Michelle Southan and Gemma Purcell
- How to make the perfect scone – Felicity Cloake
- Classic scones with jam and clotted cream – Jane Hornby
- Famous pumpkin scones – Lady Florence Bjelke-Petersen
- Ginger beer scones – Dan Lepard
- Parsley cheese scones – Dan Lepard