Molton chocolate cakes – Jean George Vongrichten
Aim for a light sponge with a creamy sauce below.
Jill Dupleix recommends Jean George Vongrichten’s recipe for melting chocolate pudding (aka molton chocolate cakes).
Nothing goes with chocolate puddings quite like strawberries, which cut through the sweetness with their acidity. Fan out a strawberry for presentation by cutting it in lengths toward the stem, but never through it. Push down on it lightly and the strawberry will fan out. Dust with icing sugar for presentation.
– Claire Preen, Chocolatier, Blue Mountain Chocolate Company
Serve with thick pouring cream.
- How to prepare and test your steam pudding – Alison Adams
- Steaming a pudding video – BBC Good Food
- Christmas pudding – Skye Gyngell
- Emily Bell’s Christmas pudding – Stephanie Alexander
- Glitzy chocolate puddings – Nigella Lawson
- How to cook perfect sticky toffee pudding – Felicity Cloake
- Lemon self-saucing pudding – olive magazine
- Mocha self-saucing pudding – Jane and Jeremy Strode
- Rhubarb gingerbread sponge pudding – Stephanie Alexander