Now you can take off your rose coloured glasses and yellow positive hat. Grab a notepad and pen, and put on some sunglasses and a real hat. Head out into your outdoor space and complete a walk through. It may help to take another person through with you to bounce ideas off of them.
Write down anything that comes up…. Ask questions like:
- What needs fixing or improving?
- How can I use this space better?
- Can you reduce your lawn space?
- What are the most frequent activities you do?
- Could you arrange your tools better?
A garden audit will help to identify any problems or issues your garden has. You might end up with a ‘to-do’ list at the end.
One of my favourite permaculture ideas is to turn a problem into a solution. Bill Mollison illustrates this by saying:
“You don’t have a snail problem, you have a duck deficiency!”