Transition tip: Buy a bicycle.
Perhaps you’ll need to dust off your old one, and check that you also have:
- new helmet
- water bottle
- front headlight and rear taillight, with side reflectors
- basket or cargo bags for carrying things
- bike lock – U-lock and/or cable
- the equipment to repair a flat tire – usually a patch kit, spare tire, tire leavers and a pump
- spare change, in case you get stranded
Please don’t wear your stinky lycra bike wear in the office!
- Bicycle Tutor is a great site for instructions and repair guides with video tutorials
- Join your local bicycle club. Bicycle Queensland is a great resource.
- The Cycling Bible: The Complete Guide for All Cyclists from Novice to Expert (Falcon Guides How to Ride) – by Robin Barton is a good introduction with clear explanations for maintenance.